Saturday, September 17, 2016

My Houzz: Eclectic English Cottage in the Hollywood Hills (37 photos)

Paulin and her husband don’t have a particular design style, but they’re heavily influenced by their respective families’ passions for art, music and the decorative arts.

“Many people in my family and my husband’s family have been artists, designers and musicians, so we are surrounded by a variety of cultural influences,” Paulin says. “We love to mix modern with antique and store-bought with flea market finds, as it creates a feeling of comfort.”

The living room’s centerpiece is the bay window, which overlooks the pool. “What anchors this room for me is the Norton Wisdom oil painting to the right of the window,” Paulin says. “It was the first painting I purchased to start my own personal art collection 20 years ago. My father accompanied me on this memorable occasion, so it has lots of sentimental value.”

Paulin uses the same orange, red, green and blue palette throughout the first floor. “It’s sort of my own personal palette, and a lot of my clothes and personal items have these colors,” she says. Many of the couple’s inherited and collected pieces can be seen here.

The 1800s trunk underneath the window and Gustavian side table are both heirlooms from Paulin’s grandmother. The Louis XIV-style side chairs are flea market finds re-covered with fabric from Diamond Foam & Fabric.


from Houzz http://ift.tt/2clY0iT


Advertisement

Sourced by "Home Hacks". Scouring and supporting the art of DIY home projects by sharing links and information provided by numerous active reputable DIY veterans and company's. Any projects you start please be of proper age, follow all required safety measures, and use the required protective equipment when handling any chemicals, power tools, or during any construction project. If you need advice regarding your next project we suggest visiting Contractor Talk.