Tuesday, September 27, 2016

World of Design: Heirlooms With a Twist in a Russian Country House (14 photos)

Lavrentieva used her tablecloth move again to decorate the studio windows. This time she found her perfect textile at Zara Home.

Also in the studio is a black table that is one of designer’s inherited pieces. “When I was a child, it was a dining table; the whole family used to gather at it,” Lavrentieva recalls. “The table seemed huge to me, so I was planning to use it in the kitchen in my house as well. But when I brought it here from the Ulyanovsk region, I realized it was actually very small, so I decided to use it in the studio. I still wonder how we all managed to fit there.”

Lavrentieva and Kamenskih bought the antique black side table in India for one of their projects, and for some time it and another table served their client. But then he decided to get other furniture and gave the Indian tables to his designers as a gift — one for Lavrentieva and one for Kamenskih.


from Houzz http://ift.tt/2d6YN89


Advertisement

Sourced by "Home Hacks". Scouring and supporting the art of DIY home projects by sharing links and information provided by numerous active reputable DIY veterans and company's. Any projects you start please be of proper age, follow all required safety measures, and use the required protective equipment when handling any chemicals, power tools, or during any construction project. If you need advice regarding your next project we suggest visiting Contractor Talk.