Wednesday, March 18, 2015

This Old Clawfoot Tub Gets Cut In Half. The Finished Product Is Amazing!



Tub Couch







My dad turned an old stainless steel milk vat into a hot tub 20 years ago and it was so before it’s time. I’m not sure he even knows what repurposing is but he would love this bathtub sofa. I know that I do! Don’t you?


I’m not sure the skill level but I’m thinking intermediate to difficult. This type of couch was featured in Audrey Hepburn’s 1960’s movie Breakfast at Tiffany’s, but until now I never noticed. Holly Golightly rocks this couch! I wonder if you cut it diagonally could you get two chairs? Interesting thought… This couch would be perfect to pull into the garden for the summer. Love. I know I’ve seen tubs like this on Craigslist or antique stores and I need to go track one down.


Architecture Art Designs has 13 other fun ways to repurpose vintage tubs (the above couch included). I like the mini drink cooler best. Do you have a favorite?


Check out the fun tutorial and great pics featured here…









from Copy of RSS feed creator http://ift.tt/1Es5HYE



Advertisement



Sourced by "Home Hacks". Scouring and supporting the art of DIY home projects by sharing links and information provided by numerous active reputable DIY veterans and company's. Any projects you start please be of proper age, follow all required safety measures, and use the required protective equipment when handling any chemicals, power tools, or during any construction project. If you need advice regarding your next project we suggest visiting Contractor Talk.